Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tapas Time

Andrea Strong
November 30, 2008

This article is a review of a restaurant called “Boqueria,” which features a 12-seat chef’s kitchen counter for cooking shows. It is a Spanish restaurant owned by Vann de Rochefort and chef Seamus Mullen, located in Manhattan, NY.

This is a soft news article. Strong introduces Barcelona’s Boqueria restaurant and how it is a restaurant full of energy. Customers can see their meal cooked right in front of them.

This article has no quotes, so it has no narrative. It would have been good to have quotes from the customers who went there.

Strong then gives a “must-have meal” to the readers with the price of the plates. She tells what kind of music the restaurant plays, and then ends the article with the days and hours the restaurant is open.

3 comments:

Rachel D said...

I liked that you analyzed a review, it's something that we haven't looked at very much in class but that I appreciate. Plus I love food, so that's a plus! I also liked that you included a need for quotes, it was a valuable point.

I Am Not Here said...

Interesting choice of an article to analyze. It was interesting to see you pick apart a local review.

Carmenw13 said...

I agree, interesting choice to analyze a restaurant review. I like the way you analyzed it though.